- Established in November 2013 in Istanbul, Turkey.
- A research institution that serves as an essential reference on Syrian affairs in political, Local Administration, and development sectors.
- Publishes studies and policy briefs that empower relevant actors and institutions working on Syrian affairs, supports decision-making mechanisms, and assess a complex set of data to present analytical maps and recommendations.
- Conducts round-table discussions, seminars and workshops that promote a more systematic and methodical culture of decision-making among Syria’s future leaders.
An independent think tank and policy center focusing on presenting an objective understanding of Syria and the region in order to become a reference for public policies impacting the region.
- Support decision-making mechanisms and presenting strategies on Syrian affairs.
- Provide practical solutions and policy recommendations to decision-makers.
- Publish policy studies that identify challenges within the Syrian context and the region, and foresee scenarios and alternative solutions.
- Publish papers in several languages to facilitate interaction with international actors.
- Contribute to the accumulation of knowledge that best serves the Syrian issue.
Omran Core Values
- Adhere to professional standards in describing and analyzing the complex reality.
- Adopt an appropriate research methodology.
- Enrich and develop our research team.
- Adapt to changing conditions and needs.
- Localize and adapt concepts and solutions to the Syrian and regional cultural andpolitical contexts.
- Open to different orientations and methodologies through dialogue and bridgebuilding